- New data shows 70% would like to try a different snow sport on their next snow trip despite similar percentage feeling out of practice.
- 71% of skiers and boarders feel out of practice due to the pandemic
- Over half are planning another snow sports holiday by the end of 2022.
New data* shows that the pandemic has had a significant impact on skiers and boarders’ mindset with 71% of regular skiers and boarders feeling out of practice, but a similar proportion feeling more adventurous than before with 70% stating that they would like to try a different snow sport, with ice-skating emerging as the most popular choice.
The research – commissioned by travel insurance provider battleface – found that 84% of Brits who have been skiing within the last five years felt confident before the pandemic. Today, despite two fifths (40%) not feeling any change in their confidence levels, almost a quarter (23%) now feel less confident.
This hasn’t deterred skiers and boarders from jumping back into their sports, however. The data also showed that over half (57%) of respondents are planning another ski or snowboarding holiday by the end of 2022, with almost all (92%) planning a ski or snowboarding holiday within the next five years.
Katie Crowe, Director of Communications, battleface comments:
“Despite many Brits feeling out of practice on the slopes after being confined to the pandemic, it is clear to see that winter sports enthusiasts aren’t planning to hold back on their next trip. After a break from regular winter sports, people can’t wait to get back into the mountains and are determined to make the most of their next holidays, with the majority keen to try out something new.”
battleface winter sports policies are there to give you peace of mind when you are embarking on your next trip. Benefits include:
- Winter Sports equipment up to £750 (£500 per single article, set or pair)*
- Hired equipment is also covered (£300 per single article, set or pair)*
*subject to the policy excess
battleface travel insurance policies cover cancellation, medical and emergency expenses, hospital benefit, personal accident, baggage, personal money and passport and personal liability. Cover includes emergency medical expenses caused by or resulting from COVID-19 for travellers up to a maximum age of 59.
*The study of 1,003 UK adults was carried out between 9 and 17 September by Opinium Research on behalf of travel insurance provider battleface to find out opinions on winter sports holidays.
battleface, Inc. is a full-stack global travel insurance company enabling customers and partners to easily select custom-built products and services that perfectly fit their needs. Access to embedded products, relevant benefits and responsive customer service from any device—welcome to a better insurance experience. Welcome to battleface.
battleface travel insurance policies are continuously being updated to respond to the needs of today’s customers. Developed by battleface Inc, products are underwritten by certain underwriters at Lloyd’s, Spinnaker Insurance Company, Berkley A&H and Crum & Forster, and distributed through:
- battleface Insurance Services Limited, a UK insurance intermediary authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA); registration number 774757
- battleface Underwriting Services SRL, a Belgian insurance intermediary authorised and regulated by the Financial Services and Markets Authority (FSMA); registration number BCE.0744.970.292
- battleface Insurance Services LLC, USA National Producer Number 18731960 (FL License number L107363/CA License number 0M75381)
For more information, please visit: www.battleface.com/en-gb/
For Trustpilot reviews, please visit: https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.battleface.com