Effective Date: July 28th, 2022
What are cookies
Cookies are small pieces of text sent to your web browser by a website you visit. A cookie file is stored in your web browser and allows the Service or a third-party to recognize you and make your next visit easier and the Service more useful to you.
Cookies can be “persistent” or “session” cookies. Persistent cookies remain on your personal computer or mobile device when you go offline, while session cookies are deleted as soon as you close your web browser.
- to enable certain functions of the Service
- to provide analytics
- to store your preferences
We use both session and persistent cookies on the Service, and we use different types of cookies to run the Service:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, generate a quote and purchase a policy
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region)
- Analytical or performance cookies. These allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests
- Advertising cookies. These are used to provide visitors with relevant ads and marketing campaigns. These cookies track visitors across websites and collect information to provide customised ads
- Accounts-related cookies. We may use accounts-related cookies to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts. We may use these cookies to remember information that changes the way the Service behaves or looks, such as the “remember me” functionality
- We use both ‘persistent’ and ‘session’ based cookies on our website. ‘Persistent’ cookies are stored on your device until expiry unless you erase them. Session based cookies expire automatically once you close your internet browser
In addition to our own cookies, we may also use various third parties’ cookies to report usage statistics of the Service, deliver advertisements on and through the Service, and so on. You can deactivate the use of third-party cookies through your browser settings.
What are your choices regarding cookies
Please note, however, that if you delete cookies or refuse to accept them, you might not be able to use all the features we offer, you may not be able to store your preferences, and some of our pages might not display properly.
- For the Chrome web browser, please visit this page from Google
- For the Internet Explorer web browser, please visit this page from Microsoft
- For the Firefox web browser, please visit this page from Mozilla
- For the Safari web browser, please visit this page from Apple
For any other web browser, please visit your web browser’s official web pages.
Where can you find more information about cookies
You can learn more about cookies and the following third-party websites: