Our definition of pre-existing medical condition is, in the 12 months before buying the policy:
- a medical or dental condition of which you’re aware, or the related complication you have, or the symptoms of which you’re aware
- a medical or dental condition currently being, or has been, investigated or treated by a medical practitioner (including dentist or chiropractor)
- any condition for which you take prescribed medicine. Doesn’t apply to common colds, flu or contraceptive medication
- any condition for which you’ve had surgery
- any condition for which you see a medical specialist
This definition applies to you, your travelling party, a close relative or any other person named on the Certificate of Insurance.