- Trip Interruption has a variety covered reasons for unforeseen circumstances, including sickness, injury or death of the traveler, traveling companion, business partner or family member; mandatory evacuations due to natural disasters or hurricanes; quarantine; terrorist incidents; and felonious assault.
- Trip Delay covers unforeseen circumstances such as sickness, injury or death of you or a traveling companion; common carrier delays; and loss of passports or travel documents.
Medical Evacuation and Repatriation of Remains can provide benefits:
- to transport you to the nearest suitable medical facility to treat an unforeseen sickness or injury determined to be acute, severe or life threatening if adequate treatment is not available in your immediate area;
- to transport you back to your point of origin (with a medical escort if recommended by a physician) following an emergency medical evacuation or covered injury/sickness and transport your remains back to your origination in case of an unexpected tragedy.
Medical Evacuation and Repatriation of Remains must be authorized and arranged in advance by the non-insurance assistance provider, Robin Assist.
- Emergency Accident Sickness and Medical Expense can reimburse the cost of reasonable medical expenses incurred as a result of sickness or injury first occurring on a covered trip. Emergency dental care for injury to sound natural teeth is limited to $250.
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment can pay a benefit if the traveler dies, or suffers a loss of limb or sight, due to an accidental injury while on the trip.
This is only a brief summary of the benefits available. The plan document contains full details regarding covered perils, limitations and exclusions.